A clean commute challenge encourages employees to make small changes to reduce their travel footprint by walking, cycling or taking public transportation to work. This challenge encourages employees to track their total distances travelled using lower carbon transportation alternatives and offers incentives for those that participate the most.
How to Get Started
- Rally a team.
- Set a goal.
- Create an action plan.
- Promote your event.
- Track results.
- Thank participants and share results.
How Will This Action Create Change?
Organizing a clean commute challenge can help you:
- Promote active lifestyle choices that benefit the environment.
- Demonstrate impact by tracking the reduction in your office’s carbon footprint.
- Connect employees with each other to increase opportunities for carpooling, cycling and other alternative methods of getting to work.
- Bolster friendly competition in the office.