Green teams are a critical part of any organization’s sustainability journey. Your team’s work is helping to improve your workplace’s environmental footprint, support community investment and develop new workplace sustainability initiatives. If your team is just starting out, here are some tips for success.
How to Get Started
This resource shares five tips that will help maximize your green team’s potential for positive impact and continue your journey in a winning direction. These tips include:
- Be realistic.
- Assess your impact.
- Set goals.
- Measure, report, and take action.
- Engage project teams.
How Will This Action Create Change?
Following these tips for success can help you:
- Set achievable goals that consider the team’s resources and priorities.
- Gain credibility by communicating your purpose and goals.
- Learn when to seek the expertise of others within your organization through smaller project teams to help fill any technical gaps.
- Evolve and adapt to new opportunities as the organization makes progress on its sustainability journey.