An effective sustainability program takes collective effort.
Starting your company’s sustainability journey can seem a bit overwhelming at first, but you don’t have to do it alone! Finding like-minded colleagues that share your motivation is a great way to help get your thoughts organized and brainstorm ideas that will help build a well-rounded and effective sustainability program.
Setting up a green team will help you share the workload, gain new perspectives, establish achievable goals and maintain motivation. Just think of it as a starting point to any effective business-related project, except in this case, yours is to lead change for the good of the planet.
Explore our Green Team Resources
Five Communication Tips
Green Team Tips for Success
How To Form a Green Team
5 WAYS TO TAKE ACTION
- Recruit a few like-minded and committed colleagues to help form the base of your green team.
- Host a lunch and learn to encourage colleagues to learn more about your green team and get involved.
- Together with your team, set SMART sustainability goals (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely).
- When necessary, engage project teams that have expertise in other disciplines to help you where your team lacks expertise (ex. measuring energy use).
- Share your stories with Living Planet @ Work for the chance to be featured in our communications